Friday, November 13, 2009

A mothers thought...

What does a missionary mom do the week before her son leaves (besides stress out)...

1. Watches her son quietly sleeping early in the morning.
2. Melts when he puts his arm around her to tease her in the middle of the store.
3. Savors the quiet moments rubbing his back while we sit on my bed to watch a TV show.
4. Sheds a tear when he plays his silly ukulele from Hawaii...he only knows one song and I will so miss hearing it.
5. Take every hug he will give
6. Love when 6 friends are hanging out at our house laughing and teasing each other for the Jordan Hunsaker farewell weekend
7. Pray that I have thought him enough....
8. Pray that he can have the courage to fulfill a mission.
9. Remember not to look at baby pictures...that rips your heart out.
10. Soak in every minute, moment and memory that I have left with him before he goes to serve the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a great mom Becky! I know that he will serve with all his heart, mind and strength, relying on the Lord for help. He has been taught since he was little everything that he needs to know to make this the best two years of his life. Congrats Jordan, you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have kleenex.....I was going to share with you but goodness I just may need it myself!

    ReplyDelete