Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enjoy the journey

In church sunday we had a Relief Society lesson on Enjoying the Journey. This is actually our theme for this next year. We have a very talented lady who wrote a beautiful song for us. I actually had to sing it with some ladies (I know VERY scary but I sang quiet so I wouldn't ruin it...) Anyway, I love the words to it and wanted to share them with you. Sorry if it is a little long...

Enjoy the Journey

Have you ever tried to dance with a butterfly?
Or watched the flowers grow?
Have you ever sent a wish on a shooting star?
Or carved angels in the snow?

And over come a mountain
To smile a-mist the rain
Is there joy in your journey on the earth?
'till we live with him again.

Do you bask in the light of the gospel?
And plant seed in righteous sod?
Do you celebrate the wonders of his hand?
As you hold a child of God.

The journey of your spirit
With Christ it cannot fail
Is there joy in your footsteps back to him?
By faith your joy prevails.

And when it's my turn to walk with Christ
I will thank him for my life

Have you ever heard the song of a hummingbird
Or blown kisses in the wind
Do you hear heavens music in your soul?
Oh let the joy begin!

Enjoy the journey onward
May love and peace abound
Do you hold sacred moments in your heart?
That's where the joy is found!

Enjoy the journey in all that comes your way
For there may not be tomorrow
Let's relish life today!

So....my challenge to each of you and to myself is to "Enjoy the Journey" that we are given today no matter how hard or challenging that may be.

1 comment: